Each Friday, we are taking a look back over the week and bringing you our “Top 5 Moments” of OWN programming. With so much uplifting television, it will be difficult to narrow it down, but we will do our best!
- “Oprah’s Next Chapter” with George Lucas, Terrance Howard & Cuba Gooding Jr. –George and Terrance spoke of the 23 year back story to creating “Red Tails”, a story about the infamous WWII African-American squadron, despite any support from major studios who believed no one was interested in a film…insinuating African-Americans can’t carry a film. An important film suddenly became an important cause.
- “Oprah’s Master Class” with Morgan Freeman – The incredible Morgan Freeman told of how he began his acting career at the age of 50. His first film was Driving Miss Daisy which ended up winning the Academy Award for Best Picture. His story was a wonderful reminder to never give up on a dream!
- “The Rosie Show” featuring Kathy Griffin – Kathy discussing how she was called a dog and barked at in school. Another reminder that as adults we need to stand up for kids that are picked on.
- “Money Class with Suze Orman” – Christine’s story of how she lost $550,000 to a “friend” in a Ponzi scheme. Virtually paralyzed by the loss, her daughters feared for their mom and wrote to Suze. The lesson within the episode…sometimes we have to suffer the loss of money to get the biggest gain of our life.
- “Extreme Clutter” with Peter Walsh - Leanne’s clutter problem got so out of hand that she rented an airplane hangar to store it all. In an attempt to take some control back in her life, Peter reminded her that she needed to learn to “ask” for help and also to say “NO”. Sometimes you can give so much of yourself that you don’t leave enough for you and your family….and you have the ability to change that.
Don’t see your favorite moment here? Well…leave a comment and share it with other us and the rest of the OWN family.