Making intimacy a priority, Dr. Berman is ready to take us on an intimate journey…and talk about sex. While she’s not afraid to get into any conversation…I often find myself thinking, “Who is she? Wow…I wonder what life was like for her growing up.” Imagining that it was probably normal, I’m just curious what makes someone so comfortable and direct and open and honest about everything that has to do with sex, love and passion to be able to just…well…say it all? This week, the topic is all about orgasms. *gasp* Here are the highlights…
- What’s the mystery? How does it all work?
- The key to a woman’s sexual satisfaction is more about the intimacy and connection with the person that she is with…and less about the orgasm.
- The female orgasm is a little harder to achieve than the male orgasm.
- For women…4 minutes with self stimulation…and 20 minutes with a partner.
- Women faking it…What’s wrong with faking it? Overtime…he thinks what he’s doing is working…when it isn’t. Spells trouble.
- Over 70% of women fake orgasms. Yes…men can fake too…because men are under major pressure to achieve orgasm.
- Talking types, techniques and toys with your partner
- Just some notes…Men take 7 1/2 minutes to reach orgasm. Women take up to 20 minutes to reach orgasm.
- What is an orgasm? An intense contraction and release of muscle tension. For anyone who wants better O’s…do the kegel homework.
- One guarantee that you will not reach orgasm – stress about having an orgasm.
- Turn ons…and turn offs. Apparently cleanliness and consideration will totally turn on your sex partner. Also, gas and ugly gowns made the list too.
As we work through the hour, we arrive to the “We Disagree” segment with Michelle and Robert…and the discussion is ”Guys Night Out.” She’s jealous that he doesn’t give her the same energy and playfulness…and Dr. Berman gives them homework – carve out 3 or 4 hours a week to go and do something playful. But what will we talk about? Dr. Berman says go to a comedy club or a concert…or do some thoughtful homework before the date…and talk about those. Revisit…and rediscover.
Finally, a study from Florida State University…when men spent time with women who were ovulating…they found her more attractive. One exception…men who were in committed relationships were not likely to find those women any more attractive than other women. Ahhhhhh….let’s here it for the married men. Onto life…