As day 2 was over…I was tired. Too tired to blog, which is why I am enjoying a late breakfast and a quick entry. It’s only been 2 days but today, I feel inspired. It was a hard and emotional day yesterday…but my commitment to this challenge took me out of the stress and into the gym. It was this OYou Boot Camp that got me to drag myself out and onto the exercise equipment. Feeling emotionally drained, I grabbed a Maria Shriver book before walking out the door and spent my time focusing on the inspirational words, not on the tired body. The whole day shifted.
So…what I am learning from Bob and this OYou Boot Camp this week:
- Coffee is not breakfast. Have something to eat…if you can boil water, you can make oatmeal. Cold oatmeal will last a week in the fridge and tastes great.
- You don’t have to like exercise…but you will love how you feel after you do this for yourself.
- Pick up and incorporate small weights into your exercise. Walk, ride a bike…carry the weights.
- Super foods are actually super tasty.
- Moving more…gets you moving more. Taking 30 to 60 minutes a day to exercise actually gives you more energy to get more done. You are not losing an hour, you are gaining momentum and getting more done. Trust me on this. It’s totally true.
Today, I’m finally getting to the grocery store (it didn’t happen yesterday) to re-stock my superfoods and AVOID the white bread aisle. I’m also hoping to do add about 15 minutes of the strength training “BobG” exercises that I found on You Tube from his DVD workout…to my regular workout. I am also hoping to get to bed a little earlier…and drink more water…and meditate… OK…all of this may not happen TODAY, but by the end of this week I’m hoping it does. Like I said, today…I’m inspired. Today… I’m channeling Bob!