Happy Vday from Gayle….the lady in red. Now…let’s get some chocolate and dive into what’s going on!
- About the Grammy News and Highlights – Oh, the Grammy Drama starts with the best new artist winner, Esperanza Spalding ….a jazz artist…who pushed all the little girls over the edge. Gayle has to remind people….” to all you Justin Bieber fans…stop it. He would not want you being mean to Esperanza.” Next, we have Katy Perry sharing her personal wedding photos with the world during her performance…so awesome. Yes…we love her love story. It is Valentine’s Day after all. And finally, the musical tribute to Aretha….loved it. But I too had trouble figuring out who was who was who that was singing.
- About Willie Geist – Bringing Gayle “grown man flowers”….Gayle is collecting the flowers today and Willie is her next guest. Thanks Willie! Morning Joe….so how was the interview with Oprah? “Oprah was a little nervous,” tells Gayle….but Willie says about Oprah, “She connects so well. I’m here. I’m listening. I’m connected.” How could Oprah be nervous? Because she doesn’t talk politics….Gayle follows-up….so since she was open to all questions…she didn’t know what would happen…but it went well. I have to find this show and re-watch it. I love technology…Then, Willie’s tribute segment of “I will always love you” playing as Oprah touched Willies hand…that was so hilarious!
- About Willie on Egypt – it was hard to turn away from the TV for the last 2 weeks. It’s amazing…inspirational…and a statement of how far we have come as a world…but also it’s scary all of the unrest in the Middle East. We will see what the next weeks bring us….and how this all plays out.
- About the Bush’s Love Letters – I think that this is wonderful… seeing Bush Sr. read the letter’s and see him crying. The Bush’s have exchanged love letters over the last 60+ years….I think that is the perfect gift…to give anyone that you love…at any time of the year. Those are things that can stay with you forever…especially if you send them in email…and then digitally file them away!
- About Dr. Laura Berman and Valentine’s Day – The self proclaimed “love fairy” on the superbowl of love day…. “I think whether you are single or in a relationship….its’ a day to celebrate love,” says Dr. Laura. A time to celebrate any relationship…and anyone who is special to you. “One error that we make is thinking that “this day and what the person does for you is a reflection of what your relationship is,” says Dr. Laura. “I see women getting caught up in who is going to get the biggest bouquet at work…” Don’t compare yourself to anybody…
- About Dr. Berman and Sex – Low desire and libido does happen. If you are in a monogamous relationship…then you both need to talk about and work things out. You owe it to each other to check it out….see if it’s medically related. You never know….and your relationship deserves it.
- About Gayle’s traveling breakfast – Gayle’s favorite thing about being on the road….room service breakfast – scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon extra crispy, maybe a couple of pancakes….and fresh squeezed orange juice. Yum. So, this comes with an extra announcement…Kellogg’s is announcing a www.shareyourbreakfast.com campaign – send a picture of your breakfast…and for every photo, Kellogg’s will share a breakfast for a child in school. How awesome is that!
- About Jay Leno’s cupcakes - At the Tonight show….Jay had flowers and Sprinkles cupcakes….oh, and fruit there to gnash on. I think the banana cupcake counts as a fruit….don’t you? Let’s call Dr. Oz and see….