As most network series take their regular summer break and leave us with final results or shocking cliffhangers to wait out over the long, hot months, OWN is bringing us some promising new shows that just may catch an audience and give the viewers what they are looking for – some Oprahesque programming along with some “Live your best life” fun and philosophy. With more than a handful of new shows and old favorites heading the lineup, the schedule is covering all their bases. Get your DVR ready! Here is a quick look at what’s coming and what to look for in the next couple of weeks and beyond. Make sure you watch and then, go to Oprah.com to let Oprah’s team know what you think about the new shows! Believe me…they are listening and your opinion counts! Grab some sunscreen, your favorite cold drink and the remote…here’s the OWN summer lineup!
- Iyanla, Fix My Life - A big official welcome to Iyanla Vanzant to the OWN family. As a regular teacher on Oprah’s Lifeclass series, Iyanla is taking over Harpo center stage to bring us a tell it like it is program that will move you, help you and inspire you to open up and live your best life. Let the teaching begin Ms. Vanzant. Like no one else can, Iyanla helps to open up your soul and get to the heart of the the pain. Only then can you move forward, stop the bleeding and fix your life. Sneak Peek – Saturday, June 2nd at 9/8c. Series premier -Starts this Fall, September 15th, just after the new season premier of an all new “Welcome to Sweetie Pies.” Tweet #FixMyLife
- Are You Normal, America? - From Oprah’s OWN producers comes a fun summer game show that may or may not have you relieved about being normal. Through juries of peers, by polling and simple man-on-the-street interviews, real life situations shot in the field and in-studio demonstrations, this show will take a look at odd behaviors and see just how common they may be in our society. Contestants, money and a little self-discovery along the way! Barry Poznick, a seasoned game show creator and producer, as well as actress and comedian, Kim Coles, will be hosting the show and YOU will be playing along. How can you not? You’ll be hooked…and don’t worry, THAT’S completely NORMAL! Sneak Peek – Sunday, June 3rd at 9/8c. Series premier, Monday June 4th at 9/8c! Tweet
- Lives on Fire! - Witness the journey of four different women who risk their lives daily to assist in California’s most dangerous disasters. These female firefighters respond to life and death situations; battle the intense heat…all in a predominately male profession. As their fight heats up against nature’s forces, they struggle to find the balance in work and home as mothers, daughter, wives, and girlfriends. Each of the women brings a little something different to the show and all will give us a little insight and understanding that while we may be very different, often times we see how similiar our lives really are. Join for this OWN Series premier Friday, June 8th at 10/9c! Tweet live with #LivesOnFire
- Million Dollar Neighborhood - This Canadian HIT is finally coming to the states. Show participants in a small town of Aldergrove, Canada, took part in a social economic experiment to increase their collective net worth by $1 million in just 10 weeks. A financial team gave families a challenge each week to help them increase their income, reduce their debts and overall improve their financial standing. Not only did they receive the tips they need to be successful, they also were given opportunities to win money. Now that the show is coming to the US, viewers will be able to watch and learn…possibly changing our own lives. Series premier Saturday June 9th at 9/8c! Tweet live #MDN
- Real Life – The Musical - Get ready to sing your heart out. OWN is bringing us a new reality series that help people add a little song and dance to their lives. For those who have a hard time finding the words, this new series allows people to say what they haven’t been able to…through song! Partnered with vocal coaches and choreographers, each week someone will get the chance to stage a live “flash musical” for someone they love. Friends and family lend a hand in their surprise performance…one that could change the lives of both the singer and the loved one. Get ready to sing, dance and be moved! Let the music play! Series premier Saturday June 9th at 10/9c! Tweet #RLTM
- Our America with Lisa Ling - Lisa Ling is back! Without question, this show has been a standout hit for OWN. Not only is Lisa Ling a hard-hitting reporter, her empathy takes viewers to a new level of discovery. Coming up this season, the show will feature in-depth stories on topics such as the Native American culture, living life as a nun, swingers and teen pregnancy. Go along with her on the journey and see how just being aware of the world around you can change so much. When you watch, you will be moved and you will be changed. Lisa Ling is amazing and Our America never disappoints. Series premier Sunday, June 10th at 10/9c! Tweet #OurAmerica
Along with all of these new and returning shows, keep an eye out for all new episodes of Oprah’s Lifeclass – Summer School, Oprah’s Next Chapter and Super Soul Sunday! In addition, here are a couple of new shows to watch for that are rumored to be coming later this summer…
- Super Saver Showdown - Get ready as this new show from OWN pits two bargain hunters against each other to see whose coupon clipping, super saving, and DIY skills are superior. In each of the episodes, two “Super Savers” will help families looking to create a party on a budget and share their savings tips with the families as they rush to pull off the party. At the end, they will be judged by host Kristan Cunningham on their savings and style, the best “Super Saver” wins $10,000. Game on! Sneak Peek and premier – July. Date not yet announced.
- Lovetown USA - OWN is making us fall in love…well, almost. This series will follow a pair of matchmakers (“Hitch,” Paul Carrick Brunson, and “love whisperer” Kailen Rosenberg with over 200 successful marriages to her name) and eight singles as they search for love in this “social experiment” that takes place in the small town of Kingsland,Georgia. For 30 days, they take up residence helping the locals find love in their own backyard. Sneak Peek and premier – August. Date not yet announced.
- Married to the Army: Alaska - This show sounds interesting. It’s an inside look at the lives of Army wives living in Alaska, facing their own fears and forging their own unique sisterhood with other wives that only they can understand. Tremendously strong and courageous in their own right, this real reality show may open our hearts and our world to what these military families offer for our country. Series premier – Not yet announced.