Tips to remember…
- You can roast any veggie. Just drizzle some EVOO and a little salt and go! Be fearless!
- Use cooking spray on your spoons when working with sticky stuff – honey, syrup…maybe butter, peanut butter?
- If the fork goes in easy, then the veggies are done roasting.
- If you are afraid of oil splattering, remove it from heat and turn off the heat before you turn it over. Then, turn it back on after. This would be YOU taking charge. It’s that easy!
- Decorate your plate…because the food taste even THAT much better when it’s presented beautifully.
- Make any recipe your own. Use ingredients you love. Just do it!
- Emersion blender…you just have to have one! It will make your life and clean up so much easier!
- Most of the time, you can MAKE something just as amazing as you can buy in a restaurant…or better!
- Mustard maraniade? Try it! Why not!
- When you are breading the protein, pound it thin so that the outside breading doesn’t burn before it cooks all the way through!
- Breading ANYTHING – Flour, Eggwash, Panko bread crumbs. 1, 2, 3. It’s that easy!
- Canola oil has a higher “smoke point” so…use that when cooking in a pan.
- Crispy Nutella Cookies – OMG!
- Parchment paper is a MUST when making cookies. Non-stick, easy clean up!
- Go into cooking with confidence. You can do it!
This weeks recipes include a great dishes that look restaurant amazing but come from a home kitchen! For the recipes go to Oprah.com…but if you can’t wait, here are the direct links! Enjoy!