Tonight on Extreme Clutter, Organizational Expert, Peter Walsh, is faced with more than just a little clutter and chaos. Working with a family who is overwhelmed with stuff, it’s clearly breakdown and shopping craziness that’s happening as well. A picture that could be painted in probably anyone’s life at one time or another, this situation is representative of what is going on in their lives…a lot of stress. While the process is to help them organize, there is more that Peter will be faced with in this episode. Giving up and giving in, this familiy is working to survive and move forward and with a little help from Peter, they may just make it.
Here are some lessons from tonight’s episode:
- Yes, you can have too many shoes.
- What you do, you teach your kids to do.
- Too much stuff equals too much to focus on.
- Peter suggests that you only need 10 pair of shoes.
- Too many things get in the way of life.
- You can’t keep everything if you have too much stuff. Keep what you use.
- Set limits. Parents make decisions for the kids. Don’t let the children rule the house.
- Shopping can be an addition. It’s important to live within your means.
- Don’t let your things steal your family and your relationship from you.