Big Bowl of Love focuses on family cooking and tradition this episode. Chef Ben Ford, son of actor Harrison Ford, shows off his chops as he brings a couple of family classics to the kitchen. CF pulls out a classic fagiole with a her own family twist. You will definitely walk away with a yummy dish to add to your family’s table.
What’s on today’s menu?
- Ford Shrimp Curry
- Ferrare’s Pasta Fagioli
- Summer Strawberry Shortcake
I LOVED this episode. Chef Ben was so down to earth, that I felt a part of the BBOL family. These recipes fit perfectly into my OWN family collection. As a huge soup lover, I can’t wait to try CF’s fagiole recipe. Time to dust off the blender!
Now for a few BBOL tips:
- If you are looking for a kick, try a cerrano pepper. It is similar to a jalapeno but is spicier and is more flavorful.
- Roll your lime over the countertop before you cut it. You will get twice as much juice!
- Roll you spice leaves together before cutting them. It will cut down on the work.
- Tomato paste can help get rid of the bitter taste of garlic and oil.
- Puree the first part of your soup so that it doesn’t get to thick.
- Brush your shortcake with a little cream to help the sugar adhear before cooking.
- Add your strawberries to the pan before your butter…this will help the butter not to burn.
- A little acid, like lemon juice, added to the strawberries and butter will help build the flavors.
Now for a few of my OWN suggestions:
- Little fresh pesto on top of the fagioli…yummmm.
- Keep a little stock on the side to thin out or stretch the soup if needed.
- Don’t overdo the whipped topping. You don’t want to drown the shortcake.
- Leftover soup? Save it as a base for your next pot of soup. It would be perfect for minestrone.
Enjoy these recipes with your OWN family and be sure to have fun!
Links to recipes: