It is funny how life works. Often the simplest messages can be the most profound. Although high school was at times difficult, it seemed smiles filled most days more often than not. It was a time of true discovery and I was fortunate to have a solid core base of friends that helped me to recognize the limitless possibilities that life was full of. We often convened at the house of a set of twins. While some would jam in one room, others of us would dip into the sofa and laugh along with SNL. It was at this home that I stumbled across my first affirmation….without even realizing how much it would impact me. The guy’s mom had taped up a little saying that has stayed with me (and several of my friends) ever since.
“I am worthwhile and capable even though I make mistakes.”
As I challenged my world and made mistakes, this could have been my mantra. In retrospect, I realized that seeing this small note taped to a desk had been one of my greatest gifts. A reminder that no matter how badly I blew it…I was worthy. Although this was clearly the affirmation that shaped my life, there are so many others that I think all of us should hold close to our hearts, like:
- I feel at peace with my body. Imagine is all of us were at peace with who we are. It is obtainable.
- I trust the universe to provide for me. The universe wants all of us to do well. You just have to show up and do your part.
- I have all the energy I need to accomplish my goals. Often people feel too little for the opportunity in front of them. Know this…you are capable for anything!
- I am a radiant person full of positive energy. We are born of light…anything else is created. You have the power to manifest the energy you want in your life.
- I attract the love that I give. You don’t have to be perfect in a relationship…no one is. But it is important that you are being the person you want to attract.
- I am at ease with all types of people. Despite being 99.9% the same, people tend to focus on the differences that set us apart. Whether it is political, religious or simply life choices that create the diversity, embrace it. Be open. That is how we learn and how we learn to love.
- If something doesn’t work, it is merely a push in the right direction. If everything in life was a success, we’d lose so many chances to learn about ourselves. Know that if something doesn’t work out, it happens for a reason. Learn from it and trust in it. Some of the greatest lessons grow out of perceived failure.
Okay, so the last one isn’t a total affirmation but it is a lesson that I try to live by. AND really that is what affirmations are all about…reminding yourself of all that is good in life and that you have the capacity to have it all. Do you have an affirmation that you live by? If you do, please share. If you don’t, feel free to take one of these and start your own collection. One just might change your life.