We all have them…days where we feel we have missed a beat and everything is off. Spilling your coffee, dropping your papers all over the place, bumping into people….just an off day. Well, I have some great news for you. You can easily turn your day around!
Here are 10 simple steps to turn any day into a great one!
- Reboot yourself. Try to close your eyes and pronounce a do-over. I know it sounds silly but it works. Take a deep breath and give yourself a chance to begin again.
- Blast your favorite CD and sing like you just don’t care who’s listening. It totally releases lots of great energy and really….who cares what people think? LIVE your life with no excuses.
- Smile. Make a point of smiling at each and every person you see. You may just turn around someone else’s day, too.
- Call a friend….preferably one that makes you laugh. Take 10 minutes and reminisce about “that one time”.
- Mini-Mediation Break. Give yourself 5-10 minutes and find somewhere quiet to go. Do your best to shhhhh your inner voice and relax.
- Work it out. Climb on the bike or treadmill and leave it all in the gym. It is a great way to blow off steam and get a burst of endorphines….even if it is only for a moment.
- Make plans. Plan a vacation, arrange a date, find something fun to do that weekend or simply plan out a nice dinner. Give yourself something to look forward to.
- Gratitude. Stop and count your blessings. Instead of focusing on the few things that are going wrong, make a list of all the things that are going right.
- Walk it off. Take 10 minutes and take a walk around the block. Take in the architecture, trees or even the sky. You may find by the time you get back, there is a spring in your step.
- Find inspiration. Spend a few minutes online and google the words “inspirational quotes” and then indulge in the uplifting words. Positive thoughts always lift your mood.
The important thing to remember is that there are 24 hours in a day. Even if you have a couple of hours that stink, the reality is you are still having a good day. A few moments don’t have to ability to ruin an entire day…only you can do that. So, take control and enjoy your life! Ultimately you decide how your day turns out.