Although change is often an unknown for most, it is the avenue of growth. The more you embrace it as part of the process, the easier it is to reach your full potential. However, at times we get lost in the commotion and forget to take in all the lessons.
So here are 10 simple steps to working the change in your life.
- Awareness. Before you can begin to change you have to notice the opportunities and maximize them.
- Acknowledgment. Once you see it, acknowledge it. By doing so, you can’t pretend and there is no turning back.
- Listen. Soak in all the information you can. The key to this is to do it with an open heart. If you really want to grow, you can’t judge with your old information. Be open to new information.
- Reflect. Once you take it all in, reflect on all of it without judgment.
- Understand. By looking at everything, you will get a better understanding of the issue and why this change is in your life.
- Balance. Try to keep an open heart and look at all sides of the issue. When finding solutions it is important that it benefits everyone…not just you.
- Apply. Once you get this far, don’t make the huge mistake of not applying it to your life. This is the only way to grow and move towards your full potential.
- Share. There is no reason to hoard your new information. Take what you have learned and share it. Everyone doesn’t have to go through the process in order to learn.
- Change. By living what you learn, change happens and through the cumulation of change you are stretched towards your full potential.
Don’t let the fear of change keep you from growing and living a better life. The fear should lie instead in the lack of change. So the next time an issue arises…embrace it and grow. Your life will be better for it.